Focused on your comfort
Ergonomic and adjustable
Sitting in a bad posture for long periods of time is unhealthy and can even be damaging. Our Yaasa Chair can be adjusted to your ergonomic needs and enables you to sit healthily and comfortably.
Our office chair features the Signature Yaasa Design – modern, clean and minimal. It harmonizes perfectly with our Yaasa Desk Pro II and any other office desk to create a simplistic but sophisticated look.
In only a few steps and minutes, your Yaasa Chair is ready to use. You do not need any prior knowledge or any specific skills to put this office chair together.
The Yaasa Chair will be delivered to your front door, packaged safely. Any delivery costs will be paid by Yaasa. In case you return an item, we will also help you out.
Healthy and dynamic
An ergonomic workspace is the basis for working healthily and efficiently long-term. Our Yaasa Chair can be adjusted to your ergonomic needs and helps relieve tense body parts.
The Yaasa Chair is the perfect add-on to your Yaasa Desk and also goes well together with any other office desk.
Adjustability in all directions
The Yaasa Chair can be adjusted to your body easily and uncomplicated. This way you can change it any time to fit you and what you need.
1. Seat Height
First things first: seat height.
Sit down upright on to your office chair. Pay attention to your legs: they should create at least a 90 degree angle with the floor. Your thighs should be positioned in a slight downward manner.
Now take your weight of the seat by slightly standing up. Push the lever below the seat to move the seat up. Sit down while pushing the lever to move the seat down.
2. Seat depth
Not only can you change the seat height, you can also adjust how far forward or backward you want the seat to be. What matters here is your personal preference. When you sit on your chair, you should be comfortably supported by the backrest while still having enough free space behind your knee pit.
Sit down on your chair to adjust the seat depth. Use the lever on your left below the seat and then push it forward or backward. Let go of the lever to let the seat snap in.
3. 3D Armrests
The armrests can be adjusted in three different directions: Forward and backward, left to right and up and down.
Focus first on the height of your armrests. Your arms should make a 90 degree angle (like your legs). Then focus on how wide your shoulders are and adjust the armrests left or right. Your arm length decides how far forward or backward you should push the armrests.
Push the buttons on the outer side of your armrests in order to move them up and down. Push the button on the inner side to change the other two positions.
4. Backrest angle
A healthy posture does not mean to sit upright at all times – lean back once in a while! Your back will appreciate it!
Sit down on your Yaasa Chair and find the lever on the left side below your seat. Twist it counter-clockwise. Your backrest should now be completely flexible. You can lean back to adjust the angle of the backrest do your back. Twist the lever clockwise to fix the position.
Your backrest can be fastened in four different positions.
5. Lumbar support
With help of a lumbar support you can target your lower spine and support additionally to help relieve this area of your back.
To do so, simply push the lumbar support on the back of your backrest up or down to where it feels most comfortable for you.
Pay attention to your personal comfort here: there is no rule as to how far up or down lumbar support should be. It depends on body size and preference.
6. Backrest resistance control
Last, but not least, you can adjust the backrest resistance – which means how hard or easy it should be for you to lean back. This depends on personal preference but also on your body weight. You should not feel like you are losing balance when leaning back but should not have to push hard either.
In order to change the level of backrest resistance, find the button on the right side below your seat. Twist the button clockwise. To lower backrest resistance, twist it counter-clockwise.
Easy assembly in minutes
The Yaasa Chair is focused solely on your comfort and ergonomic needs.
As all Yaasa products, it also features super easy assembly in only a few minutes.
Your dynamic office set-up
If you want to be productive and efficient, you cannot skip movement and ergonomics in the office. Yaasa’s adjustable office products combine ergonomics and modern design to adjust ideally to your ergonomic needs.
The adjustable desks by Yaasa enable you to work sitting and standing. The Yaasa Chair is the ideal add-on for your Yaasa office and helps you sit comfortably and healthily.
The benefits of office ergonomics
By moving our body, metabolism is stimulated. We feel more fit, more awake and more motivated to work productively and efficiently.
Constant sitting takes a toll on your entire body and is even seen as dangerous. Through movement in the office you can prevent chronic pain before it starts.
More energy, increased productivity and less pain: the many benefits of office ergonomics also result in overall happiness.
Who can fit in the Yaasa Chair?
With a minimum seat height of 44 cm and a maximum height of 56 cm, the office chair works for people of almost any height.
However, it is hard to make general statements based on height, since ergonomic seating depends on more factors than just height.
If you are unsure about the height of the chair, please contact our Support team at any time. We are happy to help.
How do I sit ergonomically on the Yaasa Chair?
The Yaasa Chair offers the best conditions for ergonomic seating. To make sure your posture is truly ergonomically correct, you will need to calibrate it for your body the first time you use the chair.
1. Seat height: Start with the seat height. Sit up straight in the chair. Make sure your feet are touching the floor. Set the seat height so that your thighs form a nearly 90° angle with your knees. Your pelvis should be a bit higher than your knees, with your thighs forming a slight downward line. This posture will keep your pelvis from tilting backward, giving your spine plenty of freedom of motion.
2. Seat depth: You can determine the right seat depth using your thighs. Sit up straight and lean your lower back against the back rest. In this position, there should be a gap of about a hand’s width between the back of your knee and the front edge of the seat. Adjust the seat depth with your personal comfort in mind, but make sure there is plenty of room for your legs and behind your knees.
3. Armrests: The position of the armrests is determined by the length of your upper arms. Place your upper arms on the armrests and adjust the height so that your upper arms form at least a 90° angle with your lower arms.
Make sure the armrests are not set too high. Otherwise, your shoulders will be pushed upward, which can cause tension. If they are too low, you will lose the positive effect of taking weight off your shoulders. Here, too, consider your personal comfort.
4. Backrest: Fundamentally, the backrest should be set so that it provides comfortable support when you are sitting up straight in the chair. However, that does not mean it can’t move when you lean on it. What’s important here is your comfort. In general, you should not be afraid to move around during your day-to-day work – and that includes leaning your upper body forward and back.
5. Lumbar support: Adjust the lumbar support so that it sits approximately at your waist. That way, the support will follow the natural curve of your spine and help relax your muscles.
6. Backrest resistance: Finally, set the resistance for your backrest. Whether you need more or less resistance depends partly on how much you weigh. Your personal comfort also plays a role here. You should not feel like you’re tipping backward, but it should also not be an effort to lean back.
After a while, you may find that you want to readjust your chosen chair settings. That is not unusual, because sitting for a long time puts significant strain on your body. Make sure to take plenty of breaks from sitting so you can stand up or move around a bit.
Take a look at our FAQs for the desks, too!
How can I adjust the settings properly on my Yaasa Chair?
Follow the Yaasa Chair setup instructions.
What are synchronous mechanics and anti-shock locking?
Synchronous mechanics promote ergonomic sitting. They connect the angle of the backrest to the angle of the seat. When you lean back, it doesn’t just change the position of the backrest – it also tilts the seat back slightly. That provides optimal support for your pelvis in every position. The mechanics encourage you to switch between different sitting positions. That relaxes your muscles, relieves the pressure on your spinal discs, and improves your circulation.
The anti-shock locking mechanism keeps the backrest from accidentally shooting forward when you undo the lock. That prevents the backrest from slamming into your back. To undo the mechanism, lean back against the backrest and ease it out slowly.
How far does the chair tilt back?
Is the seat adjustable?
Yes, the chair has a seat-sliding function that allows for a 5-cm adjustment.
What sets the Yaasa Chair apart from other manufacturers’ office chairs?
Our range of chairs focuses exclusively on your personal comfort. So we believe it to be just as important that the entire process – from setup to operation – is as pleasant as possible for you.
• The chairs are delivered pre-assembled, so they are very easy to set up. You can easily put them together by yourself in just a few minutes.
• The design of the Yaasa Chair is both classic and modern. In choosing the materials, we made sure the chairs perfectly complemented the Yaasa Desks. However, thanks to their clean design, the Yaasa Chairs also look great with other desks.
• Ergonomics is an important priority for the Yaasa Chair. You can adjust the chair to your body’s specific needs.
Where is the Yaasa Chair manufactured?
The Yaasa Chair is produced by a well-known manufacturer in Taiwan.
Is the Yaasa Chair tested for safety, durability and stability?
Yes, the Yaasa Chair has been tested for office use, and it meets the standards for safety, durability and stability as per DIN EN 1335-2 and ANSI/BIFMA x5.1.
What type of flooring is recommended for the Yaasa Chair?
The office chair’s polyurethane rollers are mainly designed for carpeted floors.
What materials are used in the Yaasa Chair?
The frame is made of plastic, and the seat is 3D molded foam (polyurethane foam). The seat cover is 100% polyester, and the backrest is 34% polyester, 58% polyamide, and 8% polyacrylic. The 4D armrests are made of plastic with a polyurethane finish. The base is polished aluminum or plastic. The chair has hard rollers made of polyurethane (suitable for carpets).
What is the minimum and maximum seat height for the office chair?
The minimum seat height is 44 cm, and the maximum height is 56 cm.
What is the weight limit for the office chair?
The weight limit for the chair is 130 kg.
Does it come in different sizes?
The Yaasa Chair comes in one standard size. However, it offers a variety of settings so it can be adjusted for different people.
How is the Yaasa Chair delivered?
The pre-assembled office chair is delivered to your doorstep in a cardboard box.
The instructions provided in the package give you a step-by-step explanation of how to set up the chair.
How do I set up the Yaasa Chair?
Setting up the chair only takes a couple of minutes. You can easily do it by yourself, without any special expertise.
The chair arrives pre-assembled. You can find a video demonstrating the setup here.